Due to the current pandemic guidelines for the state of Louisiana, the auditorium and facility is available for rental but operating under the following pandemic guidelines:
All events booked at any Independence Park Theatre facilities are required to manage occupancy through IPT’s ticketing.
Pre-boxed tickets will be provided to each client to provide to all event attendees at $0.25/ticket for free events.
Pre-boxed tickets will be provided to each client to provide to all event attendees at $0.25/ticket for events charging admission fees.
Masks are required to be worn properly for everyone in the facility. While the mask madate has been lifted, we strongly encourage the use of masks in our facility.
Social Distancing must be practiced (6 foot between distance). Seating in the auditorium will be designated to adhere to safety guidelines and under no circumstances should the seating be altered.
Concessions will not be available during this time. No food or drinks will be allowed in the building.
Seating 780, Independence Park Theatre is ideally suited to accommodate musicals, ballet, concerts, plays, meetings, lectures, and films – virtually any popular entertainment event.
Our largest space, the Main Auditorium, features raised seating on the main floor and balcony. The theatre is segmented into the orchestra and balcony levels. Restrooms and concessions are located in the lobby. For questions about any of the rental terms, please call (225)216-0660 or e-mail Alvin Temple at ATemple@brec.org.
If you are interested in renting this facility, click here to download the Independence Park Theatre’s Usage and Rental Application.
RENTAL RATES, FEES & CHARGES
- $950.00 per 4-hour period
- $1,350.00 per 8-hour period
- $150.00 each additional hour
- $750.00 per 4-hour period
- $950.00 per 8-hour period
- $150.00 each additional hour
- $500.00 per rental
- $250.00 nonrefundable application fee will be due when submitting the completed rental application. The application fee will be applied to the invoice as a security deposit should the rental move forward.
- Usage Fee + 100% of the estimated labor/equipment rental on or before contract due date.
- $500.00 Damage Deposit due three months before event date.
Proof of $1 million Comprehensive General Liability / Personal Injury Liability insurance policy must be provided by the requested due date that will be provided in the contract agreement. LICENSEE’s insurance policy shall be endorsed to designate “BREC, Independence Park Theatre, Commissioners of Baton Rouge Recreation and Park Commission, the Parish of East Baton Rouge and their employees, officers, directors, and volunteers. Also, Baton Rouge Recreation and Park Commission’s employees, officers, directors, and volunteers.” as an additional insured on LICENSEE’s policy.
All events, unless otherwise specified by the Theatre Managing Director, must use the following BREC technicians at the corresponding rate. Additional technicians shall be scheduled on a need basis and are outlined in the contract. Minimum call times are four (4) hours for technical. Show/Performance call is four (4) hours and may not start before 1 hour prior to curtain
- Audio Engineer = $35.00 per hour
- Box Office Attendant (if ticketed event) = $20.00 per hour
- House Attendant = $23.50 per hour
- Lighting Board Programmer = $35.00 per hour
- Spotlight Operator = $30.00 per hour
- Stage Manager = $35.00 per hour
- Stagehand = $25.00 per hour
- Technical Director = $35.00 per hour
All labor shall be charged at a four hour minimum. Additional technicians shall be scheduled on a need basis and are outlined in the contract.
Equipment and Event Fees
- Podium = $25.00
- Projector and screen = $275.00
- Hanging Banner/Backdrop = $75.00
- Lavaliere Microphone = $75.00
- Wireless Microphone (1 included w/ rental) = $50.00
- Corded Microphone = $20.00
- PCC/Choral Microphone = $20.00
- Piano = $150.00
- Spotlight = $50.00
- Set-up & Strike Fee (includes tables & chairs) = $75.00 per rental
- Custodial Fee = $75.00 per event
Ticketing – Please see above ticketing for all events during under the pandemic guidelines.
BREC’s Independence Park Theatre requires all ticketed events to be sold using BREC’s Independence Park Theatre’s ticketing system. If you are interested in using BREC’s Independence Park Theatre’s ticketing service, please let us know.
Copies of all publicity must be provided to the Theatre Managing Director before being released.
Camera/video Usage must be approved by the Theatre Managing Director.
- Non-profit rates require proof of non-profit status
- Non-smoking facility
- No alcohol or drugs on premises without Theatre Manager’s approval
- No outside catering/concessions unless approved by Theatre Managing Director
- No food or drink allowed backstage
- No strollers or other aisle obstructions allowed inside the auditorium
- Nothing to be hung on walls, doors, etc.
- Wireless Internet Access